I’m back. I’m almost done grading and can afford to give two hours to my last remaining joy, This Week in Conspiracy. I have a few weeks worth of stuff, since last week I stuck just to the 9/11 material that came through, most of which was actually recycled content. Oh well. Beats thinking.
- My favorite tweet of the week: “@JoshRosenau: My conspiracy theory of the day: Bachmann is a public health mole set out to highlight the insanity of anti-vaccine claims.” If you haven’t heard, Rep. Bachmann claimed that the HPV vaccine, a literal cure for multiple types of cancer, makes you mentally retarded. Stephen Colbert’s analysis was my favorite. Ron Paul’s supporters are now scaring people with anti-vaccine propaganda.
- UberBirther Joseph Farah declares his damage from the heavens!
- Russian creates time machine! In Soviet Russia, time machine creates you! And for some reason he thinks that the first thing everyone wants is to go back and stop the USSR from falling apart. ????
- Clearly, this drawing of the Atlanta bus routes proves that a giant supercomputer is in control of the world.
- The Posse Comitatus writes to the Record-Courier. Read those letters. Oregon is fucking scary.
- NASA Whistleblower, Alien Cities On Moon.
- How does someone who claims to be from Anonymous justify hacking celeb phones and posting their nudie shots? Badly:
“Attention Hollywood. We are Anonymous. We have been watching you. We have been listening to you. You have been allowed to run free too long. The time of Jew-controlled media is over. We are taking back the media with your faggot vampires and Scientology pastors. We are here for the people. We are here for the Lulz. We are here to stay. We have your lives. We have your blood, sweat and tears. Over the next couple of weeks, everyone will have them. We will rock you for ages. Consider this our acceptance speech for the Video Music Awards.”
- The Colbert Report is doing a segment on Denver International Airport conspiracy theories, or, the dumbest conspiracy theory ever.
- Feck. I am talking about anti-semitic aliens in class tomorrow (not joking). Here’s a twist. The Evil Jews are hiding the truth about the Nephilim and the Annunaki.
- Unfastened Coins: The Truth about the Titanic Cover-up!
- I’m sorry, maybe I’ve been grading too long, but this guy needs to focus his thesis.
- UFO or unidentified flying bird seen at a Notre Dame game (my alma mater!)
- Tennessee town bans tooth health.
- Here’s one of the worst sentences ever: “Mike Adams interviews Andrew Wakefield on Alex Jones’ show”:
- First review of Apollo 18 I’ve seen: It sucks.
- Federal Jack freaks the fuck out over weather modification. It’s clearly a roll cloud. There was one on Astronomy Pic of the Day earlier this month. They are pretty cool looking (last one has always been my fave). They are well understood, and grow the hell up.
This Week in Satan:
- “Shallow Satanists Stink up the Works.”
- “Satanic Cabal Threatens To Make San Francisco and Damascus “Uninhabitable.” I guess it’s good to have goals, but it just seems so random to me.
- Oh, I was called “Satan’s little helper” by the local truth community. Protip: There is no Satan only Zuul.
This Week in 9/11
- At 9/11 Investigate, were last week’s earthquakes nuclear strikes against underground military installations? Yes. By aliens.
- The Truth movement is going to take their message to the heart of darkness, the of power…Otterwa?
- At D-program, “Do 9/11 Truth critics have a case?” They say no, “No.” Thanks for clearing that up.
- Before 9/11 Alex Jones said that if there was an attack on 9/11, the government would be behind it. After nothing happens, he says that it was all just a big scare that the government was responsible for. It’s a study in confirmation bias in his followers–they forget the misses. Psychics and other scam artists rely on this type of silliness. What, Alex, did the towers collapse and not collapse too? (In which case, the terrorists took down Schrodinger’s Towers.) Regardless, the government is always wrong, no matter what.
- 9/11 is Occult-Based Trauma Mind Control.
- One of Robert Palmer’s backup dancers says that the Reality community is trying to discredit WTC7 Truth community’s claims by putting UFOs in footage of the collapse. I don’t see it, but I do see evidence of an internal collapse happening long before Truthers say it could have happened. I mean, really.
- Really? Iranian TV? Guess who did 9/11? JOOOOOOOOOS!
- The Beeb, who were in on 9/11, of course, give a rundown on the evolution of 9/11 conspiracy theories.
- Here’s a brightly polished turd: “9/11 Truth and Darwinism.”
- Skeptic Magazine and the Truthers.
- Man admits, “I did 9/11. My bad.“
- Oh this is just sad. If you want to discuss issues with your reps, make an appointment–you can. Don’t ambush them in the hall when they are going somewhere.
That’s all. No conspiracy theory of the week this week. I have to finish grading. Those two ideas aren’t actually connected, but I’ll let you think they were.