Dragon*Con is coming, so I am going to be gone for a few days. I’m participating in 3 panels and working at the IIG-Atlanta table. But I could not go and leave you without your weekly week that was weak.
- PBS has sold out to Big Stupid. Complain about their airing 9/11 Truther propaganda nationally 500 times here. You can keep your f’ing tote bags.
- David Icke says that the Libya war is by the CIA and 30 years in the making. Doc Brown has been avenged!
- From dprogram: “Ron Paul and Alex Jones are the Voices of Reason and Dissent Inside Babylon.” May I remind you, Mr. Excavator of Alex Jones’s recent dissent from reality? (Skip ahead to 3:00 minutes for the fun.)
- Also at dprogram, a NWO insider spilled the beans in 1969. Evidence? Transcript of a 1988 interview with a guy who badly remembered the original conversation he had with someone who is now dead. Who said that rigorous scholarship is dead? Also, look at the complete litany of the conspiracies. There is no single conspiracy that they don’t believe.
- A disappointing week for those of us who prefer the sound of a Gibson guitar to the sound of our mother’s voice. Not only did Alex Jones’s site seize on the raid on the Gibson plant (part of an investigation into illegally imported wood), but Gibson actually twitter-linked to Mike Adams, Health Jerk’s site: “Federal gestapo illegally raid Gibson Guitar factories, arbitrarily confiscate millions of dollars worth of wood used to make instruments.”
This makes me sad. 1) I have never heard of a responsible company calling the government gestapo, and to sign off on this is bizarre. 2) I like Gibson and their product. I have strict instructions to be buried with a Gibson. At sea. In a burning Viking ship. But the raid is being spun as politically motivated. The evidence, the CEO is a Republican and other guitar manufacturers use the same wood. You have to do better than that. I saw a comment by the importer who supplies Gibson and other guitar manufacturers to the effect that there is nothing special about the wood Gibson uses compared to the other woods, however, people seem to be missing the point that the importer will be in trouble if he is bringing rare and protected woods into the country. So, he’s hardly reliable and without a stake in this. I sincerely hope that Gibson is not using protected woods, and the only way to tell is to see the evidence. Sigh.
- Ah, good old fashioned Holocaust denial on Above Top Secret. Revisionism is denial, buddy. And saying that it was a Zionist plot? You are beneath contempt.
- Scientists are intent on ripping the universe a new time-hole.
- Here’s an example of how conspiracy theorists take things out of context and wave it around. I hate that they make me defend Donald “the Prince of f’in Darkness” Rumsfeld. If he doesn’t say, “We should carry out another attack with thermite, because it worked so well on September 11. Muahahahah!” this is not evidence of what you think it is. By the way, if they were so in charge, why wasn’t there another attack to boost W’s popularity?
- Is Comet Elenin breaking up into little bits? And how will this effect it not hitting us or affecting the Earth in any discernible way? Universe Today has the story.
- Well, who’s pissed off Anonymous this week? So far, NATO. Also, Wall Street. I think that it’s funny that one a gigantic media corporation, Warner Bros, gets a cut every time they buy a Guy Fawkes mask! Keep fighting the power, Guys! (See what I did there?)
- I should go to this. And learn Danish.
- Hey, how about that Libya, eh? the Bilderbergers really pulled that one off, didn’t they? Also, We Are Change Minnesota, Jesse Ventura’s chapter, I’m sure, makes Rick Perry look grown up and level headed when they ask him about the Bilderbergers. Nice job, guys. (Start around 3:30.)
- Federal Jack descends even further. The fact that there was not a hurricane on 9/11 shows that it was an inside job.
- And speaking of hurricanes, when you ask the question, “Who benefited from Hurricane Irene?” you sound a little daffy.
- By the way, I love how often nuclear weapons are invoked as possible cures for disasters. I want to nuke a hurricane. Why? Because it was there!
- But why nuke the hurricane if it is being caused by HAARP? Using Tesla technology? Like the D.C. earthquake was?
- Hey, come back! There’s evidence for HAARP causing Irene? How would you explain this “HAARP ring”?
- Surely because it is showing up on radar couldn’t mean it is an artifact of a Raleigh-Durham radar station?
- Were we warned ahead of time about Hurricane Irene? And by ahead of time, I mean in the Addams Family movie?
- Video of something hitting the Pentagon. Could be anything, but “anything “includes a plane.
- Luke Rudkowski continues to embarrass himself publicly. But snazzy hat. But really, really sad.
- Not Not the Nine O’Clock News, but close. Alex Jones starts a nightly news broadcast. It’s like getting the Weekly World News as your daily paper.
- Hey, 9/11 Poetry Slam…there’s an idea!
- Holy crap. The Israelis were behind Gaddahhaifi (I’ve given up trying to spell it–the Libya guy). I thought they were behind the rebels. Details, details.
- Here’s one that says an alien mothership is seen hovering over St. Petersburg.
- Speaking of being on the moon, UFOlogist Stanton Friedman was hired by the producers of Apollo 18, which will be about imaginary moon landings, to push a conspiracy theory as part of the marketing. He was ripped apart by the Internet, like a succulent baby tossed to the wolves, only with a beard. This prompts the important question: WHO’S REALLY BEHIND EVERYTHING ELSE STANTON FRIEDMAN DOES?!?!?! (Via WhoForted, which you should read.)
- A Christian Warrior tried to defeat the demon of Islam by firebombing a mosque. Way to go, dominionism!
Now that’s all I really have time for this week. There was more, oh so much more. But I’ll try to get some more in next week’s edition. So, keep your tin foil hats pulled down tightly over your temporal lobes, and enjoy my parting shot. Yes, after a few weeks of respite, I have resurrected the bloated corpse of:
Conspiracy Theory of the Week:
I loved this one. If rebels take over Libya, then the Mediterranean will be swarming with Al-Qaeda pirates.
Gaddahhaifi (I’ve given up trying to spell it–the Libya guy).
The day Tripoli fell, Google’s news page had five different spellings – not their fault, they were in aggregated headlines.
Hmm, doubly not their fault; according to wikipedia, there isn’t any standard system for transliterating Arabic. It’s done by transcription of what is pronounced, there are variations in the pronunciation across the Arabic-speaking world, and there are a dozen systems for transcription in any case. So apparently all those spellings are correct, or at least justifiable.
So the Israeli were behind Gadaffi and / or the rebels!? Well don’t you know the evil Joos have been behind both Capitalism and Communism!! to know this truth all you need to be is completely demented and utterly divorced from reality.
But on a more serious note Holocaust denial seems to be becoming, despite its utter intellectual bankrupcy, along with its moral turpitude, another flavour in the conspiracist mindset. you yourself came across it when you interviewed some “truthers” at a lecture who mouthed some protocols type idiocy.
Nice to know David Icke is still around churning out his shape shifting Reptillians crap. I have wondered for years”Is he that crazy?” or “Is he crazy like a Fox?” Does realize that their are hordes of the guillible who want to believe woo and he can make moolah from them?
Waiting for the mothership? Well they should speak to the Black Muslims they’ve been waiting for a mothership for quite some time.
As for benefiting from hurricane Irene, do they seriously mean to say that someone caused it!?
I better stop now I can feel my brain cells exploding. Besides I suspect the “truthers” will soon arive and the rain of crap will begin.