You thought that you could slip by while I was at Skepticamp, didn’t you, you little conspiracy theories? Well, it’s not that easy. I’m ever vigilant and on the case. This week brought more grotesque news analysis from the goof-o-sphere. Let’s get into it.
- The release date of the movie that I suspect will make everyone just a little bit dumber, Anonymous, which is about Shakespeare authorship (hint: it was Shakespeare), has been pushed back. It now opens on October 28. You bet your pants we’re going to review it when it comes out.
- The Bilderbergers met over the last week. Here’s TIME’s article, which will give you a sense of what happens there.
- Speaking of the Bilderbergers, there was speculation that Hillary Clinton was going to take over the world bank, you know, because she is such a pawn of the power elite.
- Also, the Bilderberger list was leaked. Ironically, if Alex Jones had just read it, he’d have seen he finally got an invite.
- Oh, and there was an admission by an anonymous source that male prostitutes were shipped in to the meeting by the crate. Oh, Anonymous, is there anything you can’t confirm?
- Radiation is mutating the rabbits around Fukishima! Or a rabbit! Or possibly it’s mother chewed it’s ears off, because that happens sometimes!
- Runaway! It’s the Pharmageddon!
- Is NATO dumping depleted uranium radiation on Libyan babies.
- Richard Gage is on his European Tour. I believe he is opening for the Toad the Wet Sprocket.
- Richard got onto Irish television while he was in Europe. But he should still be focusing on engineers if he wants to convince me.
- I love this remark in the comments of this video. The irony is deep and hilarious, even if the person who penned it is defective: “JEWS ARE THE MOST RACIST, HATEFUL PEOPLE ON THE PLANET.” Touche.
- Above Top Secret admits its religion boards are a nightmare of bickering and uselessness.
- Conspiracy theorists outside Bilderberg meeting sing Happy Birthday to David Rockefeller, but I don’t think they mean it.
- Is the deadly fungus in Joplin linked to secret morgues and the Gulf Oil Spill?
- Is the e coli outbreak in Germany is actually an excuse to irradiate food. No, it’s a reason to. When you apply cui bono thinking to this situation, you get a rotten conspiracy.
- Carl Sagan would be delighted/horrified. The dodecahedron rises again!
- Ding-a-ling with more money than sense goes to look for bin Laden’s body.
- Bill Cooper and the Satanic 9/11 Illuminati thingy!
- Cloud computing is an excuse to take over the Internet?
- Cynthia McKinney skipped the Atlanta truth gig to go to Libya, and then interviews with Russia Today. (Facepalm.)
- And this is as close as 9/11 Truthers are ever going to get to actually seeing a report showing that they were right all along.
Conspiracy theory of the week.
For me, it was hands down “Palin birtherism.” It’s the idea that Sarah Palin pretended to have a child…for some reason. It made it into Skepticamp Atlanta, and I’m still irritated with annoyance and irritation. So, the Palin emails were released in the last few days, and they talk about this issue. And her office was clearly befuddled by the allegations. And I resent having to defend Sarah Palin on any point, but you have to be fair. As Eve just said over my shoulder, because she did a long series of stupid things while leaking (radiator?) fluid, that does not mean that she was never pregnant.
Man, I was annoyed.
Well one thing I can say well ahead of the movies release is given the nature of the filmnmaker’s other’s films, 2012, Godzilla: The movie, 10,000 B.C., Independence Day etc., the movie will be bad, real bad! But it will probably be enjoyably bad.
Also Emerlich seems to have a perpetual fascination for pseudo cr4ap.
Damn its crap!
SCENE. The Earl of Oxford’s study. The EARL is at his desk, writing with a quill pen on parchment. Suddenly a huge
tears away the wall behind him, sending furniture and debris flying. The EARL is thrown to one side, cut and bleeding. A MYSTERIOUS FIGURE steps through the hole blasted in the wall. We only see him from his waist down: hose, doublet, shoes, and a single-shot ball pistol held in his left hand. He walks over to the desk and picks up the Earl’s manuscript.
CLOSEUP. MANUSCRIPT, with the words “THE COMICAL TALE OF THE TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA” readable.
The MYSTERIOUS FIGURE pockets the manuscript, and places a strange METALLIC PYRAMID engraved with Egyptian hieroglyphs on the desk in its place. The MYSTERIOUS FIGURE then walks to the Earl, who has managed to roll onto his back. The Earl, still stunned, looks up at the figure.
POV EARL: The MYSTERIOUS FIGURE’s head and shoulders, in silhouette, his (her?) identity impossible to determine.
The Earl’s face is shown in extreme closeup with an expression mingling horror and bewilderment.
EARL OF OXFORD. You…??
POV EARL: The MYSTERIOUS FIGURE raises the pistol, pointing it at the camera. A huge
FX: POWDER FLASH, MORPHING INTO THE TITLE “ANONYMOUS”.
Spoiler alert. It was Kaiser Soze wot wrote Shakespeare.
The ancient duodecahedrons were likely a fashion statement, The side of a duodecahedron is irrational with the diameter of the sphere it fits into. The diagonals of a pentagon cut each other in a golden ratio. . Any craftsman who had read Euclid could play around with compasses and spacers to make a duodecahedron and market it as the multi irrational Euclidean marvel.