Ahoy! It’s been another week of insidious insidiousness, sneaky sneakiness and false flaggy false flagitude here at Skeptical Humanities. I have been gathering fears all week and am ready to regurgitate the best of them up at you. So get your raincoats and shovels!
- Alex Jones, appearing on Russia Today (two bad things that go worse together), says that Texas should leave the union. I agree. GTFO, Texas.
- Alex Jones is really a true media whore. Anyway, he was at the Texas State Capitol this week, sweating all over the halls of power.
- How about this one: smart dust!
- A blogger finds someone who was willing to link the Jews to Fukishima.
- Well-educated, successful small business owner scared of contrails. I still think he’s a shill for Big Idiot.
- It’s official! Congress has been alerted to the uninstitutionalized mentally ill:
- Also in HAARP news, more earthquakes, radiation and “dot connecting”.
- Hey, just because you believe that they are Reptillian aliens doesn’t mean that you can’t be a racist puke about it.
- Safia Gadhafi says that the bin Laden assassination was to cover-up her son’s death. And if you can’t trust a Gadhafi, who can you trust?
- I’m sure that the Clintons could push that body count a little higher.
- From the dark depths of deepest, darkest Canada: “Did NBC’s The Event Finale Allude to Extraterrestrial Lionks to Planet X and Climate Change?” From Atlanta: “No.”
- ABC News discusses conspiracy theories, including OBL and the Joplin tornado/HAARP connection.
- Most confused headline I’ve come across this week: “Cancer Cured… in 1934? AMA fought against the cure? Cancer is a micro-organism? What the…?!“
- At the Whistleblowing Airline Employees Association, the shocking–no, ShOcKiNg!–revelation that drone technology was used to crash the planes on 9/11.
- It’s like Kari Byron is speaking directly to me through her tweets. (Didn’t Manson say that about the White Album?) “Just read an advance copy of an article disproving most 9/11 conspiracy theories. Real science is just so much easier to prove.”
- Infowars on the ICC: “Fake globalist-funded civil society organizations form a fake globalist-funded coalition, which in turn are supplying a fake globalist-funded court with evidence to further what is entirely a self-serving, politically motivated agenda using ‘humanity’ as a mere and increasingly flimsy pretense.” It’s almost like you don’t trust the International Criminal Court very much.
- Sweden examining narcolepsy and vaccines. Controlled study nowhere to be found.
- Some Birthers apparently are saying that Donald Trump is in cahoots with Barack Obama.
- Another review of Jonathan Kay’s Among the Truthers. I happen to think that Kay is mostly spot on, and I loved the book. I think he veers a little off on some characterizations of universities, but it’s not because what he sees isn’t there, only not in the doses that he sees it. Here’s another review.
- It’s been a bad week for crazy maniac mass murderers. The Ratko Mladic arrest has spawned its own conspiracy theories.
- Oh, man, I missed the ConspiracyCon. Again!
- Why is NASA hiding UFO sightings from the ISS?
- The Vigilant Citizen has deciphered the occult significance behind the killing of Osama bin Laden.
- Karen Stollznow interviews Robert Schaeffer, and they dip into the conspiracy genre.
- Ah, a good ol’ fashioned Jesuit conspiracy theory. I am currently looking at this particular form of conspiracy in my research. Here’s a smashing little film called “Vatican Approved Satanic Catholic & Jesuit Churches.”
- The conspiracy theories in Pakistan are, as always, par for the course, reporteth NPR.
- Water-powered car + +Big Oil + HAARP + Fukishima = This.
- Well-written article on conspiracy that is too long for me to read tonight.
- Wisconsin earthquake to be caused by HAARP? What are these HAARP rings that I’ve been reading about?
- Hey, here’s something new for me. The Orion Radio Network. Almost the Onion Radio Network, isn’t it? I suspect they are much the same.
- Naked Nordic alien pube DNA.
- Alex Jones and some guy boldly take on dental health.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn was actually arrested for trying to tank the dollar, says guy in Uganda. The whole article spins off in some strange directions.
- For some reason, maybe because of the composition of the Endeavour crew, Tuscon shooting conspiracy theories has been trending a bit lately.
- A number of Truther groups reject Jesse Ventura’s energy weapon claims.
- Hey, two guys I met last week! Manny Badillo and Bob Tuskin. I was transcribing my interview with Bob just this morning.
- WTC7 mentioned in music video. AE for 9/11 Truth approves.
Conspiracy Theory of the Week:
From the very busy goofball Alex Jones: “AAAAAAAH MOUSE POX!!!!!!!!”
That’s it for now. Stay afraid!