What ho! The Virtual Skeptics has gotten off to a real whiz-bang of a start. It streams live at 8:00PM Eastern on Wednesday nights. It’s like Meet the Press, but with chupacabras.
But not all of the free, live content in the world could keep me from plucking the ripest lowest-hanging fruit from the tree of conspiracy and hurling it at your head. So, head’s up!
- From the Daily Mail, which is known for such things, testimony that TWO alien spaceships crashed in Roswell.
- Gawker collects some excellent conspiracy theories related to the Olympics and includes a really nifty graphic. (Anybody else notice how not blown up the Olympics were, conspiracists’ speculations not withstanding?) Also, Iran claims that the Olympics are a Zionist plot or something.
- There’s my boy! Vigilant Citizen, surprise sur-freaking-prise, finds that the opening ceremonies were full of occult symbolism.
- While we’re doing lists, how about a round up of some economic conspiracy theories analyzed by Business Insider? And PBS covers the relationship between the Fed and the Treasury.
- Here’s a humdinger! Obama plans for a military takeover in October, which, you know, duh, but you should see the elaborate preparations!
We have mass graves dug all over America for the planned killing of millions of the Middle Class of America. We have had a large number of guillotines that have been shipped to America. Chopping off of heads is the Islamic way of killing off your enemies. We have secret federal concentration camps set up all across America. C.I.A. and other intelligence sources are supposed to help engineer terrible economic conditions in America for October to help stir up the people to mass discontent, rioting in the streets, etc. and this gives Obama the legal excuse to place America under martial law. Foreign soldiers are already arranged to help mass disarm the American people of all their guns. Homeland Security for example has already been notified to prepare for massive uprisings in America in October.
- The US has developed a weapon that takes away spirituality.
- Factcheck.org looks at the conspiracy of Obama’s “sealed records” and finds them complete bunk. Meanwhile, Rep. Allan West tells the White House, “We’ll show you ours if you show us yours.“
- The Iron Paw of the New World Order. (Funny.)
- The male birth control pill is part of a eugenics plot, presumably to cull the rich white people who can afford it, I imagine.
- Want to manufacture rage? Take hints from this article about the hidden racism in an Obama campaign letter.
- Not a conspiracy, but found at perhaps the nuttiest conspiracy theory site out there: “Are indigo children natural time travelers?“
- This week, Truther Rosie O’Donnell had a heart attack. It was probably the same heart-attack machine that killed Breitbart.
- Director Tony Scott was killed by the Illuminati for ridiculing them.
- Is a broken streetlight connected to a global plot? (Amusing.)
- You might want to read this legal write-up by David Allen Green about myths regarding Julian Assange’s extradition. Green’s column is usually quite solid and interesting.
- Michael Shermer writes about why people believe conspiracy theories; the comments are interesting, as they always are. There was a reply to this at Before It’s News (which I may have to use in class), which opens with this line:
The mocking of conspiracy theories in the American press and Western media is based on the simplistic argument that reason is on the side of the government and officialdom, not on the fringe of society and civilization.
- The AFA has blamed the Southern Poverty Law Center for the Family Resource Council shooting. In the last paragraph, they make it clear that they just want to get off the “hate group” list. Maybe they should try not being such horrible fucking people, AFA. God forbid people judge you for blaming gays for the Holocaust.
- By the way, Mark Potok of SPLC had an op ed in the NYT about the threat hate groups pose.
- So, uh, Canada…could you guys not let Russia invade us? kthxbai.
- Sorry. I meant the UN.
- Did the Boehner blame the drought on Obama?
- This NBC report discusses the idea that a UFO has been seen over a South Pole research station, but I have also seen Nibiru blamed.
- Dame Janet Suzman puts Derek Jacobi and Mark Rylance in their proper little ignominious place about Shakespeare conspiracies.
- Megadeath’s Dave Mustaine says Obama staged the “Dark Knight” shootings and says they are a cover for gun control legislation. Also is a loon. Furthermore, if this guy is right, then Obama has to be either working for the Mossad or the ADL, because, as Hank Williams, Jr. said on stage last week, this is exactly what a Muslim would do. And it totally explains why one of the ER nurses who responded to the shooting had to be drowned.
- Of course, Mustaine has only pissed off Nikki Sixx. You better look out, Dave. He’ll umlaut you.
- Why do government agencies with security teams need standard issue bullets? IntelHub asks questions so tough only FoxNews can answer them. Josh Bunting covered this too. Actually, Rand Paul, who I find utterly odious, made a funny joke about this one, but ThinkProgress has no sense of humor.
- “Why in the World Are They Spraying?” premiered at a chemtrial conference in L.A.
- Secret document reveals the staggering dullness of Bilderberger meetings.
- Jason Bermas (creator of Loose Change) has a new movie coming out, and judging by the trailer it’s filled with failures and fear.
- A FOIA dump finds Alex Jones all over it.
- The Pussy Riot church protest was actually a State Department stunt.
- Wife of 9/11 Commission member killed in accident. So of course it was an Illuminati hit.
Conspiracy Theory of the Week:
My favorite report of the week came from the venerable Weekly World News:
That’s it for this week! Check out the Virtual Skeptics this Wednesday at 8:00PM Eastern! Pip pip!